Limited parking is available for events. Parking can be pre-purchased for $15 + transacation fee via ticketmaster.
Meeting & Function Parking:
If you are attending a meeting or a function at McDonald Jones Stadium, clients can access our outdoor parking free of charge.
Drop off zones:
If you wish to drop off a patron in the stadium's car park we do have a 10 minute loading zone. This can be accessed by entering the North driveway (near the Knights suppporter store) off Turton Road
The nearest bus stop is at Young and Turton Road, New Lambton. Bus 27 travels this route. Please see closest bus routes below:
Down Turton Road: 27
Down Lambton Road: 13, 23, 25, 26
For more information on bus travel and routes, please visit NSW Transport.
Event Day Bus Shuttles:
Unfortunately event day shuttle buses are unavailable for A league fixtures. You can catch any of our regular bus services to the game.
Rugby League fans will have an easy time getting to Newcastle Knights home games thanks to free, dedicated bus services that will run to McDonald Jones Stadium during the 2023 season. Timetable can be found here.
Free bus services for Knights fans will run at regular intervals from two hours prior to kick off from selected bus stops along the route. Return services will run for around an hour after full-time. Catch one of the five stadium shuttle services to get to Knights games at McDonald Jones Stadium in 2023.
- Stadium shuttle 1 – Newcastle CBD with stops at Queens Wharf, King Street at Bolton Street, Civic Park, Marketown and Tudor Street at Beaumont Street.
- Stadium shuttle 2 – Charlestown/Belmont with stops at Charlestown Square and Westfield Kotara. Four services will start from Belmont on the Pacific Highway at Macquarie Street, also stopping on Pacific Highway at Groves Road.
- Stadium shuttle 3 – Glendale with stops at Stockland Glendale, Cardiff Station and Lookout Road at McCaffrey Drive.
- Stadium shuttle 4 – Wallsend with stops at Wallsend Village, Newcastle Road at Blue Gum Road and Newcastle Road at Dent Street.
- Stadium shuttle 5 – Mayfield with stops at Wests Mayfield, Mayfield shops (Hanbury Street near Dora Street), Waratah Station and Waratah Village (Turton Road near Georgetown Road).
The nearest train station to McDonald Jones Stadium is Broadmeadow Station, approximately 1.5km away. Regular trains are available from Sydney and stop at stations including Central, Strathfield, Hornsby, Gosford, Wyong, Morisset and Cardiff on route to Broadmeadow. For a full list of stations and timetables visit NSW Transport
McDonald Jones Stadium taxi stand is located at Young Road, Broadmeadow. Taxis can be accessed after the event by following the signs to Young Road. For further information please contact Newcastle Taxis on 13 33 00