Locked Bag 1422, Silverwater, NSW 2128
Ph: (02) 9006 3730
Users of this site are entitled to expect that any information collected as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the New South Wales Government's privacy responsibilities and obligations. The New South Wales Government's privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on this site, the following information may be recorded automatically for each page accessed:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited;
- the type of browser and operating system you have used;
- the Device (mobile, tablet, desktop); and
- Generalised geographic location based on IP Address
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and may be published in reports in order for Venues NSW to identify patterns of usage of the site. This will assist us in improving this site and the services offered on it.
Venues NSW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
What exceptions are there to this rule?
Venues NSW will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published Venues NSW pages;
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the site;
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the site by other sites;
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the site;
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the site by other users.
Venues NSW reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of this site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed.
In the event of an investigation, Venues NSW will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
Is the information stored securely?
Yes. Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by Venues NSW for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
What will we do with information provided as feedback?
Venues NSW provides feedback facilities on this site to allow users to provide input into the future development of the site and to comment on the provision of service by Venues NSW.
Users provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided. We will not add your email address or name to any mailing list unless you have requested this.
Venues NSW may publish aggregated information about feedback on the site, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
Venues NSW is requesting this information from you so that we can provide you with regular updates about activities through an email newsletter.
For the same purpose, Venues NSW may provide this information about you to a service provider contracted to distribute the email newsletter.
Venues NSW will not disclose your personal information to anybody else unless we are required to do so by law - for example if the information is needed in an emergency or for a law enforcement purpose.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However if you choose not to provide us with the requested information we cannot send you the email newsletter.
The email newsletter is offered as an ‘opt in’ subscription. You can 'opt out' at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
You may request access to your information at any time. To access or update your personal information, or for more information on our privacy obligations, please contact us.
WINSEC & WEC Club
The WIN Sports and Entertainment Centre Website has a WEC Club membership and the following information is collected for the purpose of membership to the Club.
- Member ID
- Full Name and Title
- Home Phone Number
- Mobile Phone Number
- Work Phone
- Email Address
- Alternate Email Address
- Age Range (based on signup form)
- Company Name
- Position in the Company
- How They Heard About the WEC Club
- Membership Type
- Payment Status (paid or not paid)
When event bookings are made the following details are collected:
- Event Name
- Event Date
- Ticket Type
- Number of Tickets
Who else has access to information within the Venues NSW?
Venues NSW captures this information through the use of third-party analytical software such as Google Analytics. Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of officers for the purpose of analysis and to report on the success of the site in meeting Venues NSW communication and access objectives.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.