Positive COVID-19 Case at Newcastle Jets Fixture
Thursday 6 August 2020 2:05pm
Venues NSW has received notification from NSW Health that a patron who attended the Newcastle Jets game on Sunday 2 August at McDonald Jones Stadium has tested positive for COVID-19.
NSW Health urges patrons who attended this match to be alert for symptoms (even mild symptoms including fever, sore throat, runny nose and cough), and if any symptoms develop to get tested and self-isolate immediately.
In accordance with our COVID-19 Safety Plan, the venue has been thoroughly cleaned and looks forward to hosting the Newcastle Knights and Wests Tigers on Saturday night. Patrons are reminded they must stay home if they’re unwell or display any symptoms and get tested.
McDonald Jones Stadium has a COVID-19 Safety Plan which aligns to the framework issued by NSW Health. Some of the measures implemented to keep our patrons, players and staff safe include:
· High-touch cleaning of all areas.
· All transactions by contactless cards.
· Signage, floor decals and hand sanitisers are posted throughout the venue to ensure patrons are reminded to remain 1.5 metre distance from others and maintain good hygiene.
· Patron groups are allocated seating to a particular row, not a seat, and are reminded to stay within the row allocated on their ticket.
· Venue monitoring to ensure patrons maintain 2 seats gap between theirs and the next group on their row and maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.